Thursday, October 31, 2013

Halloween Nerdery

I love Halloween. This year I decided to go as Ed from the anime Cowboy Bebop, and of course Odo went as Ein the data dog! He looks so sleepy in these photos



I used to love anime when I was in my preteens to early teens. I watched some pretty terrible shows back then, so now I'm really picky about the anime I watch today, and I look at the genre with more of a critical eye than I did before. Cowboy Bebop is one of the few I still love. It was my favorite when I was younger, and I used to stay up late every Saturday night to watch it (it came on around 1am if I remember correctly). The series is only 26 episodes long. It's concise, stylish, has great music, and has an excellent story. It can be problematic at times, but I think it's one of the best anime series out there. Beyond Cowboy Bebop, I love pretty much every Miyazaki film ever made, plus a few select series like Mushishi and Samurai Champloo.




Anywho, I've always wanted to dress as Ed, and I'm glad I finally did! It would have been social death if I dressed this way when I was 14 or 15, but I feel much more confident doing it now that I'm an adult who doesn't give a shit.



Filed under: , , Tagged: , , , , , , , ,
Full Post

No comments:

Post a Comment