Sunday, August 25, 2013

Single of the Week: Shiki No Uta by MINMI (Samurai Champloo ED)

REMINDER:is an array of periodicals here at CB Nonsense where I choose an anime song of my choice, every week, and offer you a brief overview about the song, the artist, and maybe even a bit of insight on the anime as a whole. I love music. And here is a peak at my varied playlist.

Samurai Champloo is an anime that is well known for its urban atmosphere and freestyle nature. And I'm not just referring to the animation and the music. These factors are carried out from the characters, to the story, all the way to the dialogue and character designs. Everything about this series spells out the meaning of "cool." And I honestly have no other way to describe it. However, my favorite aspect of the show is definitely the music.

Since a young age, I grew up listening to a diversity of music. From rock, to pop, to hip-hop, and r&b, I've never been one to settle with just one genre. I even listen to country. Plus, I speak two languages and that adds a little more flavor to my playlists and elongates my list of favorite artists. But, considering that I also listen to Japanese and Korean music, due to the amount of time I spend within the anime community, I can never fully appreciate any of their songs because of the language barrier.


On the other hand, , or Song of Four Seasons, correlates warm shades of animation with the familiar sounds of reggae and r&b in this tranquil ending, which does a great job at emphasizing the melody of the song while masking the lyrical aspect of it. And it does it elegantly.

You can tell thatstyle of singing is generally along the lines of hip-hop and similar urban beats. But my favorite style in her usage is probably the reggae and that's what makes it stand out to me more.

I've never been a big fan of changing the opening and ending themes mid season and I don't know why so many series do that, but I'm glad that Samurai Champloo didn't replace them throughout. This song is definitely a part of my top ten favorite endings in anime.



[Images Via: ]
Full Post

No comments:

Post a Comment