Sunday, July 14, 2013

ETA: Oh! Almost forgot to mention this! Happy 10,000 pageviews, Psa 139! I know it's not a lot compared to most sites, but it's kinda cool to me :) I'm almost right at the number tonight. Also, this is my 498th post, so 2 more and I'll have to post like a celebratory something or something for the 500th. /ETA



So this is just a little embarrassing to write about, but I figure there are two types of people who read my blog: people who know me well enough to not care, and people who don't know me at all.




I watch a decent amount of anime. I'm not a crazy anime fanboy, but I watch. Usually, I prefer Anime that's a little (or a lot) on the weird side, with plots that don't necessarily have to make sense, but should definitely have some meaning, and lots of action -- like Samurai Champloo, Darker than Black, Serial Experiments Lain, Elfen Lied, and Cowboy Bebop, to name a few of my flavorites.



These days, I've been watching Thundercats (the old, 1980's series). I know.. Thundercats... but it's actually kinda blowing my mind. I mean, when it's time to fight, they actually move around. It's unlike almost all of the Anime I've seen (aforementioned flavorites excluded), where each 2sec bit of fighting is pooped on by 10mins of talk -- and yet, it still maintains a reasonably interesting plot.



I know what you're thinking: How can a TV show have both action and plot in one episode?! Well, I don't know for sure, but I'm thinking that the reason you're confused is because modern television is crap.



Albeit, the Thundercats don't actually kill anyone (yet), and that's the source of most of their problems. If they'd just killed the bad guys in the first 5 episodes instead of spanking them and sending them home, the series would probably have ended there. However, that lack of extreme violence doesn't subtract too much from the interestingness of the fight (another mind-blower, right?). It's because the show was intended to be interesting for a variety of age groups. It's tame enough for kids to watch, but it's not so boring that you're gonna wish you were being slapped on the sunburn instead of watching with your kids (or friends, or on your own, whatever the case may be).



Anyway, that's my pitch for the Thundercats. Hope you guys don't have a nerdy anime-fanboy image of me now. For real, I don't wanna be thought of like that. Stop it.



Also I had another nightmare last night.I'm going to bed. Good night.



"Please don't keep secrets from me."
Full Post

No comments:

Post a Comment